Author Archives: whitneysdesigns
I recently learned a new techniques and have been enjoying making these wrap bracelets. They are made with fire polished crystals woven onto leather cording with a button to secure. They have been selling before I can get them listed on my Etsy shop but I have gotten a few online that you can view here. If you would like a custom one personalized just for you, fill out the contact form below or send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get an early start on Christmas with a beautiful team spirit bracelet customized for that special someone.
I’m really proud of this one! I am donating this necklace to the Walk to End Alzheimer’s auction.
For more information on the Walk to End Alzheimer’s in Wichita visit this page.
This is another craft we have done at Mom’s Connection. It is a fun and simple way to have a really neat bracelet. It’s also perfect for mom and the kids will love them too!
36″ 1.5mm Leather Cord
2 yards Waxed Irish Linen
14-16 inches Ball Chain
1. Thread the button on the leather cording.
2. Fold the cording in half where the button is in the center.
3. Wrap linen cord around the base of the loop at least 5-6 times to start the bracelet while holding the beginning tail under the loops to secure.
4. Place the ball chain along the leather cording. Holding the ball chain against the leather cord, wrap the linen around tightly, once between each ball.
5. When you have reached the length you want, wrap the linen cord around just the leather strands 5-6 more times. Tie a knot with all three strands.
6. Cut the linen cording. Tie another knot with the leather cording far enough down for the button to just fit between the two knots.
7. Cut the remaining leather with about a 1/2 inch left over.
I have been blessed to get to head up the crafts at two mom’s groups I attend. I love to make things and it is so much fun to get to share that with friends. Looking around and figuring out what we are going to do has also given me an “excuse” to learn new techniques. At our next Mom’s Connection meeting we will be making some macrame bracelets. Ladies, be warned, it’s addictive!! Once I got started I can’t quit!! LOL, I’ve been making a bunch of bracelets, I’ve included some pictures of a few of them for you to see.
It’s so exciting to get feedback from my customers! Here’s my latest Etsy Customer Feedback:
“Whitney was fabulous, I asked her to make another one of these necklaces and after checking her supplies, she had it done and shipped the very same day. I received my items today and they were just as wonderful in person. Thanks Whitney!”